The Met Office has issued a red extreme heat warning for areas of England on Monday 18 July and Tuesday 19 July,. The red warning indicates an exceptional hot spell of weather leading to widespread impacts on people and infrastructure.
Young children cannot control their body temperatures and the risk of heat stress, exhaustion and dehydration is high.
We have completed a risk assessment and decided:
- Parents may keep their children at home on Monday and Tuesday 18/19 July - this absence will be authorised. Just let the office know by email or telephone.
- School will be open to those who wish to send their children in 9am-12pm.
- No lunch will be served as we do not have facilities to keep lunches cool and the building will be hot.
- If you send you child in please dress them in light clothes, with suncream a sunhat and freeze their bottle of water tonight so that they have a cold drink - we will fill them up regularly.
- Please see the risk assessment below for further details.
We understand this may be difficult for working families but the health and wellbeing of our children and staff is our priority.