Thursday 24th December
- Get a basket or a washing up bowl. This will be your target.
- Get several balls or pairs of rolled up socks. If you can get about 10 then this would ideal.
- Sit or stand about a 6 steps away from the target and throw your objects into the target. When all of these have been thrown, count how many has landed in the target.
- Have another go and see if you can beat your previous score.
- Remember, when you are counting, to say one number for each object.
This week we will learning about Rhythm and Rhyme.
- Listen to the song 'There was an Old Lady..." Try to join in with the repeated phrases in the song.
- Play the game 'Cake Bake' (below) and try to find the matching rhyming words
- It is also World Nursery Rhyme Week, can you try to learn a new Nursery rhyme everyday this week.
If you are beginning to do so please remember to practise to copy the letters in your name. For everyone else, please practising drawing anticlockwise circles and lines with pencils, crayons, chalk, sand and a stick, paint or water and paintbrushes. This helps us to develop our muscles so that we can begin to write when we are read
This week's Talk Time is all about our favourite things. Talk to your grown-up about the different TV shows you have watched and what your favourite one is. Try to use the sentence starter "my favourite TV show is..." or "I like...".
Learning Break Ideas
Try some of the Just Dance videos that are on Youtube or if you have a Nintendo Wii at home and the game, you could do it on there.