Thursday 5th November
Good afternoon everyone,
Today is Bonfire Night, however because of lock down all public firework displays are cancelled. This means that more people may be tempted to let off fireworks in their own gardens or outdoor spaces. So please be careful tonight, keep pets and small children safely indoors and if you are having fireworks then please always follow the firework code below.
It is much better to be safe than sorry.
THE FIREWORK CODE (ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FIREWORK CODE)
* Do not buy fireworks from UNLICENCED retailers.
These fireworks may be unsafe and illegal.
* Only buy fireworks that comply with current safety standards. *
* Always keep fireworks in a closed box.
Take them out one at a time and close the box.
* Never put fireworks in your pocket.
* Be considerate. Let your neighbours know you will be having a display, especially if they are elderly or they have pets or children.
* Avoid setting fireworks off late at night, particularly if it is a school-night.
* Ensure your pets are safe.
* Carefully follow the instructions on EACH firework.
* Never go back to a lit firework unless the instructions advise otherwise.
* Never throw fireworks; it is dangerous.
* Light fireworks one at a time, at the end of the fuse, and at arm’s length.
* Light sparklers one at a time and wear suitable gloves, even when lighting them.
* Never give sparklers to a child under the age of 5.
* Never throw spent fireworks on a bonfire.
STAY SAFE, BE CONSIDERATE, AND DON’T BECOME A NUISANCE.
* All fireworks supplied by BFA members are tested to conform to the current safety standards.
Today in nursery children learnt about bonfire night, watched video footage of fireworks, made their own firework paintings and explored firework patterns and colours. They also made their own glow in the dark jars, which were a huge hit.
At the end of morning and afternoon session children enjoyed sparklers under very careful supervision (one adult supporting each child).
Have a lovely evening and if you are having fireworks please be safe not sorry.