Tuesday 15th December
Tuesday 15th December 2020
Good evening everyone,
I am so sorry that the main nursery has had to close to children. A number of you have asked why both classes in the main building are affected. This is because the main nursery has to operate as one bubble, first floor and ground floor staff have to supervise the garden area together and in a small school when we are short staffed we have to cover internally. In this instant the teacher who has tested positive for COVID had worked closely with both classes. Red class was unaffected and remains open. In addition to this many of our staff currently have children isolating at home because other schools in the borough have had to close.
I really appreciate how disappointing/frustrating this is and we would not do this unless it was absolutely necessary. All closures are discussed at length with public health and the Department for Education, we do not make this decision lightly or alone.
Please reassure your children that we will have a New Year party on their return in January. Children can return one day earlier as our INSET day has been cancelled.
Keep in touch and check the blog as we will soon be posting our end of term performance.
Children in red class had fun finger printing today. This is a fun activity to try at home. You can make your own finger paints very easily by following the recipe below.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- food coloring or water colors
- cold water for thinning
- Combine flour, salt, and 1 cup water in sauce pan.
- Heat flour/water while whisking. The mixture will be clumpy, then smooth, then thicken into a paste.
- Once it has become thick and pasty, remove from heat.
- Whisk in cold water a few tablespoons at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Color with food coloring or water colors.
- Allow to cool completely, then paint!
Children really enjoy this activity and the paint is completely washable.
Have a lovely evening and stay safe.