Tuesday 22nd December
- Read the story of 'We're Going on a Bear Hunt'. I'll put a link below if you do not have a copy of this book.
- Can you join in with any repeated phrases in the story?
- Draw a picture of the characters that were in the story.
- Draw a picture of a setting that the characters visited in the story eg grass, mud, forest etc.
- Talk about your favourite part of the story using "I liked it when...".
This week we have been working on Body Percussion and using our bodies to make different sounds.
- Listen to the song below and try to join in with the different actions.
- Get your grown-up to make up a repeating rhythm and join in with them eg 2 claps and 2 taps on the knees.
- Can you copy the action exactly the way your grown-up is doing it.
- Repeat this several times for different actions.
If you are beginning to do so please remember to practise to copy the letters in your name. For everyone else, please practising drawing anticlockwise circles and lines with pencils, crayons, chalk, sand and a stick, paint or water and paintbrushes. This helps us to develop our muscles so that we can begin to write when we are ready
This week's Talk Time is all about different rules. Talk to your grown-up about the different rules there are when you get in the car or go on the bus. Try to use the sentence starter "when getting in the car/when going on the bus, you have to...".
Learning Break Ideas
In your Learning Breaks today, you could try some yoga and stretch out your body. This is nice to do if you have been sat in the same place for a while.