Wednesday 23rd December
- Ask your grown-up to look at some pictures of you, them and any other members of your family.
- Talk about what was happening in the picture. Was it for a special celebration or did something exciting happen? You could look at picture of;
- A birthday
- A wedding
- A christening
- A party
- An anniversary
- Any time when you have celebrated something.
- If t is a picture of you, can you remember what was happening?
This week we will learning about Rhythm and Rhyme.
- Listen to the story 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear'. Can you join in with any of the repeated phrases that are in the story?
- Can you go on a 'Rhyming Hunt' to find at least one object that rhymes with the words
- It is also World Nursery Rhyme Week, can you try to learn a new Nursery rhyme everyday this week.
If you are beginning to do so please remember to practise to copy the letters in your name. For everyone else, please practising drawing anticlockwise circles and lines with pencils, crayons, chalk, sand and a stick, paint or water and paintbrushes. This helps us to develop our muscles so that we can begin to write when we are ready
This week's Talk Time is all about our favourite things. Talk to your grown-up about the different fruit that you have tried and what your favourite one is. Try to use the sentence starter "my favourite fruit is..." or "I like...".
Learning Break Ideas
Can you use a large towel, a sheet or a blanket to create a parachute like we do in PE with your grownup.
- Can you wave it up and down?
- Can you get ball or a rolled up sock and try to flick it off?
- Can you get a ball or rolled up sock and roll it around the edge?
- Can you use it to create a see-saw motion? You could sing 'Row, row, row your boat' at the same time.